The Long Rock Bed grew from a pile of stones dug from a nearby field. Topsoil and composted gin trash were added with the rocks forming a spine for the bed. Notice the bamboo sticks marking the future placement of crape myrtles.
I love your rock bed. I crave rocks. I pick them up any place I find them. In our area we have sandy soil and not many rocks. Maybe that is why I have rock envy of everyone that has rocks at their disposal. I think this is such a creative way to use these rocks.
I found your blog by way of jodi's geography lesson.
This is the story of a single island bed, one of several. The posts are in chronological order of the growth of the garden beginning with "The Long Rock Bed -- Its Story" so that you can follow the growth as you scroll down, starting with the pile of stones around which the bed is built.
These are the ramblings and plantings of a dotty woman who enjoys gardening for the thrill of seeing plants grow and blossoms open. Any resemblance to proper gardening and landscape techniques is purely coincidental.
2 comments:
This is how we should document all our gardens.
I love your rock bed. I crave rocks. I pick them up any place I find them. In our area we have sandy soil and not many rocks. Maybe that is why I have rock envy of everyone that has rocks at their disposal. I think this is such a creative way to use these rocks.
I found your blog by way of jodi's geography lesson.
Post a Comment