
About the only blossoms left are some scattered blossoms on salvia leucantha, which I noted the gulf frit checked briefly but returned to lantana blooms to nectar. There are a couple of bulbine blossoms as well. Lantana rambles all over the stones where enough warmth must be retained overnight to keep the blossoms going despite some light frosts we've had. Sweet William to the left will fill the gap when nectar is scarce between the azalea show in late March and perennials in late May.
1 comment:
Hi Nell Jean,
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed seeing the bed evolve over time. I love that lavender lantana!
I went to a couple plant sales,and also got some plants at the farmer's market, our first of the season today. I got quite a bit done this afternoon. There is still a lot to do, but I am feeling better about things.
Post a Comment